May 25, 2025. This date marks a major milestone in Culture Spark history, a day one of my professional dreams came to fruition. I gathered a group of executives across my client companies to embark on a truly unique leadership development experience hosted by the company founded by the authors of Love As A Business Strategy, Culture +.
For the last three years, it has been a goal of mine to attend a professional development leadership seminar to further my own skills, and attend in partnership with my client leaders. Seneca Leaders not only fulfilled this desire, it surpassed my wildest expectations.
Culture + facilitators welcomed us as part of a group of around fifty leaders to the UH Football Stadium, a meaningful venue at the book’s opening that marked the moment of Mohammad Anwar’s revelation and pivot to Love as a Business Strategy.
This seminar was like none other, with facilitators using stories of their own misbehavior to impart the importance of introspection.
Through deep discovery exercises and real-world examples applying the book’s key principles, my clients and I became transformed. Reflecting on Seneca Leaders, my clients and I remarked on our key takeaways:
- The importance of deep and frequent introspection
- Realizing how one situation will be viewed very differently by different people, valuing diverse perspectives
- How regardless of intention, we own the impact of our behavior as leaders
- The power of vulnerability- You cannot hear someone’s story and not love them
- What matters in the end is not so much what we do, but rather how we do it. The way we behave, the way we carry ourselves as leaders is far more impactful to our people than what we accomplish.
Thank you to Culture + for putting on a memorable seminar. Thank you to my clients – Andrew Barnes, Tim Brannan, Jim Carney, Jose Carrero, John Crabb, Chuck Hessel, Steven Hicks, John Hunter – for trusting in my recommendation that this event would be worthwhile, and for engaging completely in the experience.
If you are interested in Seneca Leaders, click the link for more information. Seats are filling up for the August 8th session. Register to reserve your team’s seats today.